Uluru Short Stay at Sails in the Desert
Witness and experience the ultimate Uluru has to offer as you view the evening sky ablaze with colours as the sun sets over Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park with your friendly camel chaperone. Another exclusive and unforgettable experience follows with an Uluru Sunrise & Field of Light tour as you witness the silent morning stillness of the Red Centre as the sun rises coupled with the immersive Field of Light display by renowned artist, Bruce Munro, all while based in the outback accommodations of the Ayers Rock Resort. An absolute pinch-me Red Centre must-do.
Read more about the NT's weather seasons here.
- 3 night stay in Uluru at the Ayers Rock Resort in a superior room at Sails in the Desert
- Sunset Camel Experience
- Uluru Sunrise & Field of Light Tour including: tea, coffee or hot chocolate at the sunrise viewing area, experienced Driver Guide & travel in an air-conditioned coach
- 3 Day National Park Entry Fee
Bonus free offers
- Free Return Ayers Rock Airport Transfers
- Free Indigenous Activities Program
- Free use of the Ayers Rock Resort Shuttle bus service
- Free in-room WiFi
- Free parking
Please be aware flights are not included in the package price and should not be booked until your package has been confirmed. However please speak to one of our NT Now Travel Specialists for the best available fares at the time of booking. If you are booking your own flights this package begins and ends at Uluru/Ayers Rock Airport.
In the heart of Australia's Red Centre, Sails in the Desert hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a decidedly premium outback holiday experience. Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert hotel, shading 228 beautifully appointed rooms and suites. In a destination where one of the world's oldest cultures still thrives, the mystery, colour and wisdom of the local Anangu people is interwoven into every facet of Sails in the Desert's modern design. This hotel features an expansive gumtree lined swimming pool and a diversity of modern dining, bar and lounge options. Relax and feast in the brasserie-style Ilkari Restaurant or let time tick by as you enjoy cocktails, music and Indigenous-inspired cuisine in the Walpa Lobby Bar, or curl up on one of the daybeds and enjoy a casual lunch and cocktail by the pool. Sails in the Desert's stunning Mulgara Gallery takes you on an exploration through the unique styles and breathtaking stories of Indigenous art. Find each of your senses lulled into complete relaxation as you give in to one of the Red Ochre Spa's treatments.
What to do:
Travelling for one hour on our friendly camels in the spectacular desert landscape. Bringing you closer to nature, our skilled cameleers tell you stories of the territory. With stunning views of Uluru and Kata Tjuta, watch the colour change as the sun sets from atop a sand dune. Return to the farm at twilight to relax and enjoy Australian beer, wine, champagne and outback bush foods including our famous freshly baked beer bread damper.
Never has an early morning start been more rewarding. The silent morning air that encompasses the desert landscape of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is filled with gasps and amazed ‘ooohs’ and ‘aaahhs’ as the first group to wander through the desert paths are met by four acres of flowing fibre optics lights. With the majestic Uluru in the background, begin to fall into silence as you take in what is truly an unforgettable and life-changing experience. These otherworldly spheres of light are internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro’s latest art installation, Field of Light, and his largest to date, with him and his team installing more than 50,000 slender stems crowned with radiant frosted glass spheres in a remote desert area within sight of majestic Uluru.
Location & how to get there
On sale until 30 November 2021. For travel until 30 September 2022. Pricing based on travel 1 November to 24 December 2021. Seasonal supplements apply outside these dates. Blackout dates may apply and some inclusions may be closed over public holidays. Prices and inclusions are correct as of 1 November 2021 and may be subject to change due to availability, surcharges, fees or taxes without notice. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Prices are based on per person twin share. Please contact us on 1800 854 897 or firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire. Airfares and transfers are additional unless otherwise specified. For full terms and conditions and details on our refund policy, view our booking conditions. E&OE.
*Mates Rates offer must be booked within the campaign period of 29 May – 30 September 2021 and applies to select marked packages only (view eligible packages here). Travel must occur by, or on, 30 April 2022. Discounts will apply as follows based on the original NT Now pricing to a maximum of $1000 off per person. Spend $500-$999 per person, receive $200 off person. Spend $1000-$1999 per person, receive $300 off person. Spend $2000-$2999 per person, receive $400 off person. Spend $3000-$3999 per person, receive $600 off person. Spend $4000-$4999 per person, receive $800 off per person. Spend $5000 or more, receive a maximum of $1000 off per person. The Mates Rates price is listed. Intra-Territory travel by NT residents is eligible. Standard NT Now conditions apply.
NT Summer Sale bookings must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible:
1. Every traveller 18 years and over within each booking must provide a digital certificate issued by the Australian Government which states the individual to whom the certificate is issued has received all required COVID-19 vaccinations.
2. Travel must be booked within the campaign period of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
3. Travel departure must occur by or on 31 March 2022.
4. The booking must be valued at a minimum of $1,000 (inclusive of GST) to qualify for the NT Summer Sale discount.
5. The booking can include any bookable flight, accommodation, tour, attraction or hire vehicle inbound to, or within the NT.
6. All bookings must have a minimum of 80% of the total product value spent in the NT.
7. Intra-territory travel by vaccinated NT residents is eligible. Discount will not apply to interstate travel components for NT residents.
8. Full conditions can be found here.