Red Centre Road Trip
Your Red Centre road trip will begin in Alice Springs at the convenient Alice on Todd apartments. Visit Alice Springs Brewing Co for a tour and taste of local craft beer before hitting the road to Kings Creek Station for a unique outback stay in a Dreamtime Tent and base to explore the spectacular Kings Canyon in Watarrka National Park and authentic aboriginal culture tour. Explore Uluru at your leisure with a National Park pass included and continue to a haven of old-fashioned country hospitality at Erldunda Roadhouse and then return to Alice Springs with a relaxing stay and fitting end to your road trip in the Red Centre.
- 4 night stay in Alice Springs at Alice on Todd in a 1 bedroom deluxe apartment (2 nights start, 2 nights end) including:
- Free Wifi
- Car parking
- 2 night stay in Kings Canyon at Kings Creek Station in a Dreamtime Escarpment Tent** including:
- cheese platter
- 2 course self-cook BBQ dinner
- drinks package
- self-cook breakfast hamper
- 1 night stay at Erldunda Roadhouse in an Executive Room including:
- Free Wifi
- Car parking
- 8 Day Car Hire – Intermediate SUV all-wheel drive auto*
- Brewery Tour with tasting paddle including:
- Tour of brewery with 4 x 100ml serves of Alice Springs Brewing Co Beer, bar nuts & pretzels
- 3 Day National Park Entry Fee
- 1 hour Karrke Aboriginal Cultural Experience and Tour^ (only available for travel 1 September - 31 October 2021)
Please be aware flights are not included in the package price and should not be booked until your package has been confirmed. However please speak to one of our NT Now Travel Specialists for the best available fares at the time of booking. If you are booking your own flights this package begins and ends in Alice Springs.
Just 5 minutes’ drive from central Alice Springs, Alice on Todd Apartments offers fully self-contained accommodation with security gates on all entrances and free parking at your door. Flat-screen TV’s, reverse cycle air conditioning, washing machines and FREE Wi-Fi. Guests have access to the outdoor swimming pool, heated spa, games room and children’s playground.
Kings Creek Station lies 36 kilometres from the magnificent Kings Canyon (Watarrka) and is set amongst majestic desert oaks. A range of supplies, meals and drinks can be bought at the station shop. You could even try one of the famous Kings Creek camel burgers.
Stay at the unique Erldunda Roadhouse, your retreat to a haven of old-fashioned country hospitality. Erldunda Roadhouse is located at the intersection of the Stuart and Lasseter Highways offering country-style accommodation, home-style cooking, and facilities to create an ambience of comfort and leisure. Erldunda Roadhouse is your haven for relaxation, exploration and everything in between. For the ultimate guest experience, there is a full range of facilities, including free WiFi, a restaurant and bar, a swimming pool, a tennis court, and a service station for your needs. Visit the Kangaroo Farm and an Emu Enclosure that lets you get up close and feed these fascinating animals. One of the best experiences found in Erldunda is the breathtaking view of the sunset. We have a sunset viewing platform that lets you capture the beautiful Northern Territory sunset and sunrise.
What to do:
Karrke Aboriginal Cultural Experience and Tours is a one-of-a-kind authentic aboriginal cultural experience. Our 1‑hour tour is a short walk and talk on areas of importance in our cultural knowledge on bush tucker and bush medicines used for spiritual and healing and a lot more, as used by the Luritja and Pertame (Southern Aranda) people. Available 1 September – 31 October 2021 only.
Alice Springs Brewing Co is the Red Centre's only operating brewery. All beers are brewed on site using quality ingredients from Australia and the world. Founded by long time local Kyle Pearson in 2018, ASBC strives to offer a locally made product paired with simple but flavoursome food options. Alice Springs Brewing Co is perfect for the craft beer lover who doesn't take themselves or anything too seriously!
Location & how to get there
Alice Springs Airport (alicespringsairport.com.au) is served by Virgin Australia, Qantas and Air North with capital cities served mostly by daily flights. There are also connections to and from Ayers Rock airport as well as several regional airports, mostly within the NT.
The airport is a 15 minute drive to the centre of town. An airport shuttle meets all flights and serves all central hotels. Car hire is available direct from the airport and there are plentiful taxis available at the airport rank. Private transfers, while available are limited, especially at peak times. Alice Springs can also be reached by The Ghan, from either Darwin or Adelaide. The train station is a short walk from the town centre and a shuttle service, as well as taxis serve all arrivals/departures.
Driving to Alice Springs is scenic from whichever direction you arrive, with the trip from Darwin or Adelaide being one of the most iconic road trips in Australia. Various turn offs along the Stuart Highway lead to points along the East Coast on (mostly) sealed roads. For the adventurous and those that seek true solitude the 1126km unsealed Great Central Road, which links Yalara to Laverton in Central Australia will give you an outback experience like no other.
On sale until 1 November 2021. For travel until 31 March 2022. Pricing based on travel from 1-31 October 2021, seasonal supplements apply outside these dates. ^only available for travel 1 September to 31 October 2021. Blackout dates may apply and some inclusions may be closed over public holidays. Prices and inclusions are correct as of 1 June 2021 and may be subject to change due to availability, surcharges, fees or taxes without notice. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Prices are based on per person twin share. **Adults only - must be over 18 yrs . *Car hire is based on: Unlimited kilometres, Ultimate Protection for Passenger Vehicles $0 Damage Recovery Fee (DRF), Premium Protection for 4WD vehicles (FFAR), DRF $1,100 for Multi Vehicle Accident, $5,500 for Single Vehicle Accidents, Compulsory Third Party Insurance and Accidental Tyre and Windscreen Damage on non 4WD vehicles, Vehicle Registration Recovery Fee, Administration Recovery Fee, Additional Drivers, Premium Location Surcharge, product is available for renters aged 25+. Please contact us on 1800 854 897 or email@example.com to enquire. Airfares and transfers are additional unless otherwise specified. For full terms and conditions and details on our refund policy, view our booking conditions. E&OE.
NT Summer Sale bookings must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- Every traveller 18 years and over within each booking must provide a digital certificate issued by the Australian Government which states the individual to whom the certificate is issued has received all required COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Travel must be booked within the campaign period of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
- Travel departure must occur by or on 31 March 2022.
- The booking must be valued at a minimum of $1,000 (inclusive of GST) to qualify for the NT Summer Sale discount.
- The booking can include any bookable flight, accommodation, tour, attraction or hire vehicle inbound to, or within the NT.
- All bookings must have a minimum of 80% of the total product value spent in the NT.
- Intra-territory travel by vaccinated NT residents is eligible. Discount will not apply to interstate travel components for NT residents.
- Full conditions can be found here.